Again, I'm showing the various
stages to better illustrate the progression or our restoration.
snapshot had a huge blotch of white paint on the left side. This is where
our real-world photo lab experience comes into play. We gently swabbed the
print with a mild "approved" photo washing solution, carefully
and slowly removing the water- soluble paint off of the surface. The white
came off cleanly, but coincidentally, there was a white blotch on the wall
just above it (in the picture itself). After blotting the picture dry, we
scanned the picture again. For a small picture, it was very sharp and had
a good bright tone. There was a developing mark (man's left sleeve) that
needed retouching and a few isolated scratches and spots which were easily
The final picture on the right was a product of our own curiosity.
We wanted to see what he might look like if we took twenty some odd years
off of him. We started with the dark circles under his eyes, followed by
slightly shrinking his nose and ears (They grow as we age). Then we broadened
his shoulders and pulled in his stomach area. Lastly, we added a Mona Lisa
smile on him to reflect his reaction to newly found youth.